- What is a cookie?
- What kind of cookies does Swyftee use?
- How to control and delete cookies
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit our Site. It enables our Site to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the Site or browse from one page to another.
- enabling our Site to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during an individual browsing session or across multiple sessions, e.g. filling out a form or re-entering login details (note that this does not allow us to identify you individually);
- measuring how many people are using our Site and services, so they can be made easier to use and there's enough capacity to ensure they are fast;
- analysing anonymised data to help us understand how people interact with the different aspects of our online services so we can improve them; and
- enabling certain additional functionalities such as currency conversion.
Cookies will not be used for any purpose other those stated above.
In particular, cookies will not be used to collect any personal data which enables the identification of an individual user of the website.
First Party Cookies
Swyftee uses the following first party cookies:
|To store session data
|Expires after browser closed
Third party Cookies
Swyftee uses certain third party cookies from Google Analytics for the purposes of measuring Site performance and usage activity. No personal data about you is shared.
|2 years from set/update
|Used to throttle request rate.
|30 mins from set/update
|Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.
|End of browser session
|6 months from set/update
|Used to store visitor-level custom variable data. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.
|2 years from set/update
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish via your browser settings.
You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit our Site and some services and functionalities may not work.
For more information about cookies or if you would like to learn how to remove cookies set on your device, visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org